Mediation to Stay Married may be appropriate when:
- Traditional couple counseling would feel uncomfortable or inappropriate.
- Time limitations require immediate solutions rather than in-depth explorations.
- Success in future interactions depends on learning more effective negotiation and communication skills.
Marital/Relationship Mediation offers an alternative to marital therapy (that may require extensive time to develop therapeutic insights); it is designed to develop concrete solutions in a defined period of time.Â Using mediation and conflict coaching techniques developed in the field of dispute resolution, a mediator can assist couples resolve family conflicts that could lead to separation if left unattended. Examples of such conflicts include:
- financial disputes
- parenting responsibilities
- allocation of household tasks
- intimacy issues
- communication stalemates
- career conflicts
- extramarital affairs
- conflicts in religious practices
- living arrangement conflicts
- family/friend relationship conflicts
Marital/Relationship Mediation can help to:
- Reduce marital conflict
- Protect children from stress
- AvoidÂ separation and divorce
- Enhance communication skill
Mediation offered for the low cost of $100.00 per hour.
For more information on Marital/Relationship Mediation read this article on the process.Â Marital Mediation Article
Other Articles of Interest